Saturday, April 18, 2009

Meet Ellen at One Ripe Peach


Pretty in Pink Wedding Photo Album by One Ripe Peach

I discovered artist Ellen's shop, One Ripe Peach, at the very start of my love affair with Etsy. Her items are incredible! Unique with vintage flair, feminine and fanciful... pure girly goodness. I just love the way she uses vintage fabrics, trims and images to make her fabulous treasures. Each item at One Ripe Peach is as irresistible as the next and Ellen always has something new to offer. She made custom baby shower invites for me - the new mommy was thrilled as was I. I can't get enough of Ellen's talent...

1) What is your craft and what led to you to take it up?

Mixed Media artist. I love creating with vintage fabrics, papers and trims....recreating from vintage pieces. I guess I am just really drawn to creating...I love the process of creating...taking something old and vintage and giving it a totally new and fresh look...yet keeping with the vintage flair.





2) What part of your work do you enjoy the most?

Finding bits and baubles....searching for vintage treasures is probably my favorite part. I love finding something that someone else has long forgotten...and making it my own with other elements.



3) What part of your work is the hardest?

Putting your artwork and creations out there for people to see and judge. I am my toughest critic when it comes to what I create.

4) A top ten list of your favorites

...handmade possession...

A Christmas tree skirt that I made this past year from pieces of my Grandmother's tattered tree skirt.

...item in your shop...


A little girl wall hanging sign that I am posting today....love the sweet frame-like scroll work.

...item in your favorites list...


That would probably have to be the Butter Cream Pedestal by Greenware Design.

...Etsy purchase...



ABSOLUTELY HANDS DOWN....RachelRene Lip Butters....they are absolutely the best!

...item you’ve sold...

I love creating custom orders...so any custom orders are always fun and allow me to create possibly something I hadn't created in awhile.

...Etsy shop...




DollFaceDesign...I adore all of her digital creations. The frame work on her creations is absolutely divine!

...blog or website...

OneRipePeach.blogspot.com

(WH note: check it out - it'll be one of your favorites too!!)

...source of inspiration...

My main source is what mood I am in at the time. I tend to design with mostly pinks,aqua's and neutral tones though...and tend to lean more towards girly designs with ruffles and such.



...piece of advice...

Love what you do and what you create. You gotta love what you are doing...life is too short to do something you don't like or can't be proud of.

...rule to break...

It doesn't have to be perfect. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Another one is...when creating...it's definitely appropriate to be messy. Show me an artist who has a clutter free studio!


3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful interview...great job Molly and thanks for sharing yourself Ellen (a new fav.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly...thank you soooo much for this fun experience! I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog and loved reading about your featured artist.

    Can't wait to hear more:)

    <3 sarasophia

    ReplyDelete