Monday, May 18, 2009

Buttons, Buttons...

...the stash...

Finally! Spring has arrived in Wisconsin.
Yes, It's a long time coming in our neck of the woods but all the snow is gone and we hardly ever have frost warnings any longer at night. (well, we did last night but that was a fluke - ha!)

The arrival of spring can only mean one fabulous, fantastic, stupendous, butterflies-in-the-tummy thing... FLEA MARKETS! Woo Hoo! One of my favorites close to home is located in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. I get to do some serious button shopping there with "the button lady under the bleachers." She's been collecting her whole life and is now set to sell. I have a really great husband who "let's me" shop by taking the three kiddos and buying them popcorn and snowcones to keep them busy while I hunt and gather and spend too much on my obsession. It was opening weekend and the weather was beautiful to top things off. Perfection! I had a very blessed Sunday - how lucky I am.

Now, I cannot wait to start crafting... Keep your eyes out for new creations coming your way. And if you're ever in Southern Wisconsin on flea market Sunday, let me know. We can wrestle over buttons and share a brat and cheese curds (unfortunately I don't think they serve beer there!) Cheers!

xOxOxO Molly

...more of the stash...

11 comments:

  1. Those fleamarkets looks great. Bit to far away for me im afraid. Live in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groan. Oh you're killing me! I keep trying to take those flower buttons and blue buckles off the screen but it's not working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the loot! wish I had one of those close by...or do I and not even know it...hummm...will have to investigate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! That white flower right there with the red center...yeah, that one...that can come directly to me.

    I would totally join you! I go to the Elkhorn fair with my family but I didn't realize they had a flea market. Cheese curds and button wrestling sounds terrific to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are just fabulous! What a find. I sure wish I didn't live in such a remote place. Cannot wait to see your new creations!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to join you! :) Can't wait to see what you create! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely buttons.....great find! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow did you get a haul! I live just south of Chicago so maybe a road trip is in order to grab such great buttons! Looking forward to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those buttons are beautiful, you really scored! I've got to admit, the flea markets in your town have much better buttons to choose from than the one here. Did they all come from the one lady? I'm glad you had such a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all! The buttons came from two different dealers and I'm sure there were more treasures... 3 kiddos in tow makes it hard to really search :) It is a fun show for LOTS of other goodies too! Loads of dealers but still managable. Sandwhich, Ill has a fabulous market too - sigh. They have more furniture there than Elkhorn. Thinking I should post a photo of the awesome bench we got too... oh and my pottery bowl and Fire King jadite batter bowl... Yes - we had fun! xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad news, I heard the button lady recently had surgery and wont be selling her buttons at Elkhorn anymore :(

    ReplyDelete