Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where I've been hiding...

Welcome to our "little" project and the sole reason I've been away from blogging for so long...



Our "new" property complete with white barn and 150 year old stone house. We started "renovating" November 2010 with a complete gutting of the house and addition of the new structure. If you're curious and want to see more photos you can check out our blog dedicated to the project http://oldstonefarmhouse.blogspot.com/.



And what does this have to do with Whimsy House, besides taking a lot of time and attention away from creating? Well, along with a lovely home for our family, I personally will be gaining an AMAZING studio all for me!! It is located above the garage with a funky ceiling and two dormers. Here is the door entering my little slice of heaven.



Dormer facing the front of the house which looks over our drive way and onto a lovely tree.



GIANT closet on the back wall... Oh, the organization that will be happening - I can't wait!



The view out my back dormer window. I'll be able to watch the girls play while I create away!



Sure to be an inspiring space to work in, my little Sophie is already hard at work creating something wonderful out of saw dust. My girls will have a little corner to themselves as well, to support their creative endevors. I love it and am excited by the mere notion of space that will be dedicated to Whimsy House and possibly the rebirth of In Home Designs - my interior design business that took back burner when my second daughter was born premature. I hope to blog more frequently as we proceed so that I can share the progress. Lots of Whimsy Love!




XOXO Molly

2 comments: